Our Partnership is made up of organisations working closely together to plan services and address the challenges facing health and care services across the area.
In this section you will find links to useful information and publications about our partnership.
We are committed to meaningful conversations with people, on the right issues at the right time. We believe this is an important part of the way we work.
In this section you will find all Freedom of Information (FOI) requests made to our Partnership. You can also ask a question of your own.
Play British Sign Language Video
Since our Partnership began in 2016, we have worked hard to build the
relationships needed to deliver better health and care locally and across West
Yorkshire and Harrogate so we can support people to improve their lives with them.
We are pleased with the progress we have made. We are confident we have
developed the right principles and values to guide us. We are keen to ‘join the dots’ so when people experience care, advice, support or treatment it feels joined
up, is easier to get help and results in better outcomes.
This DRAFT Plan is full of examples of the progress we have made, from securing funding for brand new hospitals, to developing award winning carers’ support.
We know that more needs to be done to give everyone the very best start and every chance to live a long and healthy life. This includes working with partners in the wider economy to create good jobs and increase everyone’s prosperity with investment in skills, housing, culture and infrastructure.
To have the best chance of achieving this, we need to think and work differently with each other and with our communities. As a Partnership we are embracing
community partners in our conversations and are listening to what staff and local people have to say. Now is the time to take this to a whole new level so that everyone in West Yorkshire and Harrogate is part of our shared purpose. Our Five Year Plan tells the story of how we are going to do this together.
Better health and wellbeing for everyone: Our five year plan (DRAFT)
Better health and wellbeing for everyone: Our five year plan - summary (DRAFT)
Better health and wellbeing for everyone: Our five year plan - easy read (DRAFT)
Better health and wellbeing for everyone: Our five year plan summary in audio (DRAFT)
Better health and wellbeing for everyone: Our five year plan summary, British Sign Language video (DRAFT)
Our aims for the next five years
About our Partnership
Improving health and wellbeing
Our priority areas
Supporting work programmes
1. We will increase the years of life that people live in good health in West Yorkshire and Harrogate compared to the rest of England. We will reduce the gap in life expectancy by 5% (six months of life for men and five months of life for women) between the people living in our most deprived communities compared with the least deprived communities by 2024.
2. We will achieve a 10% reduction in the gap in life expectancy between people with mental health conditions, learning disabilities and/or autism and the rest of the population by 2024 (approx 220,000 people). In doing this we will focus on early support for children and young people.
3. We will address the health inequality gap for children living in households with the lowest incomes. This will be central for our approach to improving outcomes by 2024. This will include halting the trend in childhood obesity, including those children living in poverty.
4. By 2024 we will have increased our early diagnosis rates for cancer, ensuring at least 1,000 more people will have the chance of curative treatment.
5. We will reduce suicide by 10% across West Yorkshire and Harrogate by 2020/21 and achieve a 75% reduction in targeted areas by 2022.
6. We will achieve at least a 10% reduction in anti-microbial resistance infections by 2024 by, for example, reducing antibiotic use by 15%.
7. We will achieve a 50% reduction in stillbirths, neonatal deaths, brain injuries and a reduction in maternal morbidity and mortality by 2025.
8. We will have a more diverse leadership that better reflects the broad range of talent in West Yorkshire and Harrogate, helping to ensure that the poor experiences in the workplace that are particularly high for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) staff will become a thing of the past.
9. We aspire to become a global leader in responding to the climate emergency through increased mitigation, investment and culture change throughout our system.
10. We will strengthen local economic growth by reducing health inequalities and improving skills, increasing productivity and the earning
power of people and our region as a whole.
Download our 10 big ambitions
Healthwatch held a series of conversations with people living in West Yorkshire and Harrogate in spring 2019. You can read their report and our response to the work carried out here. We've worked with Healthwatch to produce a series of 'I' statements which will inform how we work.
Download the DRAFT five year plan 'I' statements
Have your say on our plans for improving health & care
Read more about how we are working in partnership with people, with communities, and with health and care staff
You may also find the following information helpful: