We’re looking to recruit more than 100 GPs from EAA countries as well as Australia and New Zealand. Qualified overseas medics already in the UK but not currently practicing are also eligible to apply.
If successful you will be supported with dedicated and enhanced training programmes about general practice in England. Support will also be provided to help with General Medical Council requirements and meeting the standards of the national Induction & Refresher Scheme. We can also help with improving your English if needed.
- Pre-employment checks are to be undertaken by ID Medical including language tests
- Applicants will have a first interview in their own country by video conference
- Applicants visit their chosen area as part of a Recruitment Event, which includes visiting local GP practices and having their second interview
- If successful they will join the programme and be offered a three year fixed term contract of employment with a GP practice
- Recruits will be provided with a minimum 3 months observership to prepare for the Induction and Refresher assessments
- Recruits will then spend a minimum of 6 months on supervised placement
- Following successful completion of the supervised placement, recruits will then be able to continue to practice as an unsupervised salaried GP for the remainder of their contract.
If you have any questions about the career opportunities in West Yorkshire and Harrogate please contact the IGPR Programme Delivery Manager, Lindsey Bell. email@example.com